Who are the Snow Academy courses intended for?
The training courses are intended for anyone who wishes to learn or improve their snowboarding or alpine skiing skills. Since the instructor teaches students individually or in small groups, development is much faster.
How and when can I register for the courses?
Registration opens as soon as the slopes of Nõmme Snow Park are covered with snow and ready for the training courses.
To register, click on ‘Book the course’.
- Online booking: select a suitable service and click ‘Select date and time’. You can remove services in the shopping cart.
- If you wish to choose a specific instructor, click the link ‘Click here to select an instructor’ and find the desired instructor. Once you have chosen a specific instructor, you will only see their working hours in the calendar.
- Choose a suitable service on the right side of the page and then click the purple button ‘Select date and time’ at the bottom of the page. See the next question for advice on which training course to choose.
- Select a suitable day and time for the service.
- Please fill out the booking form with the required information. If you are booking the training for a child, enter your information in the form and the child’s name and age in the information box.
- If you also wish to rent equipment from us, make sure you enter the student’s shoe size, height and weight in the information box. This is necessary so that we can prepare the most suitable equipment for you.
- After you have paid the advance payment using your chosen payment method, the order is confirmed and will be fulfilled. The booking is confirmed by bank transfer.
Which training course to choose and what is the most affordable?
Find the most suitable course from the products in our online booking form:
- If you would like one-on-one private lessons and you have your own equipment, we recommend the product ‘Private lesson’. Please note that the lift ticket must be purchased in addition to the private lesson. We recommend purchasing a package for people aged 12+ on the weekends as it is more affordable ;)
- If you would like private lessons but you do not have your own equipment, we recommend the product ‘Package lesson 1 person’ which includes a 1.5 h lift ticket and equipment rental in addition to the lesson.
- The best deal for learning a new hobby is our ‘Package lesson 3x card for 1 person’, which includes three private lessons, lift tickets and equipment rental at an excellent price. After three lessons with an instructor you will most likely know how to get around on the mountain and can safely start practising your new hobby. The three-time package lesson card is individual and can only be used by one student. See below for additional information on how to use the card to pay and book.
- If you wish to learn a new hobby with a sibling or friend, book the ‘Package lesson 2-3 persons’. Please take into account that in group lessons the pace is determined by the weakest student. If there is a big age gap or difference in skill, we recommend private lessons. We also recommend private lessons for children under the age of eight. It is possible to book separate teachers at the same time for small children.
Lessons for bigger groups.
- We offer group lessons starting from groups of four. The price of the group training package includes 90 minutes of training with an instructor, a three-hour lift ticket and equipment rent so you can continue practising on your own afterwards.
- Group lessons are better suited for adults and older children. Private lessons or smaller group lessons are more suitable for children under the age of 12.
- If you wish to book a group lesson, send us an e-mail with the following information: desired date and time, number of participants, their names, ages, and shoe size, height and weight for equipment rental.
How do I pay for the course?
- After finalising the order, the prepayment invoice will be displayed on the screen. The amount due must be paid in full for the order to be fulfilled.
- You can pay for orders by bank transfer.
- After you have paid the advance payment under the chosen conditions, the invoice will be issued to you upon request either via e-mail or on paper.
How can I pay with the three-time card?
- The three-time package lesson card is individual and can only be used by one student. When purchasing a three-time card, the full amount must be paid in advance and a time booked for the first lesson through our booking system.
- It is best to book the next lesson with our administrator right after the first lesson at Nõmme Snow Park, as they will be able to provide you with the instructor’s next available times.
- If you wish to book the next lesson through the online booking system, just find your instructor and select a suitable time. Enter your information and click ‘I have a gift card’. Enter the invoice number of the purchased lessons in the text box and confirm the booking. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours once we have verified and manually confirmed the booking.
How can I use a gift card for payment in the online booking system of Snow Academy?
- Fill out the booking form according to the instructions. Once you have entered all the information correctly, select ‘I have a gift card’ instead of a bank link, enter the number of your gift card and confirm the booking. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours once we have verified and manually confirmed the booking.
Am I entitled to a refund if I have to cancel a lesson?
- If the purchased service does not meet your needs for some reason (e.g. health status), you have the opportunity to cancel the booking at least 48 hours before the planned visit and we will refund 100% of the prepaid amount.
- It is possible to reschedule the booking for another day at least 48 hours before the planned visit.
- You can only cancel/change the service in writing. To do this, send us an e-mail with the following information:
- the service you wish to cancel/change (reason),
- order number,
- time of initial booking,
- bank account number and name for the refund.
- We will refund the money for the unused service to the customer’s bank account within 14 days of submitting the refund application to MTÜ Lumeakadeemia.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
What should I know before I arrive for a private lesson?
- We recommend arriving 20–30 minutes before the start of your private lesson so that you have time to sort out your boots and equipment and get ready for the lesson. Click here for instructions on how to find us.
- When you arrive at Nõmme Snow Park, enter the light-blue main building where you will receive your equipment and vest. You can leave your shoes and personal belongings in the main building of Nõmme Snow Park for the duration of the lesson at your own risk.
- All our students wear yellow vests during lessons so that they stand out on the slopes, ensuring a safer learning environment for you. We strongly recommend that all our students wear a helmet which you can get for free as it is included in the lesson price.
- The instructor will be waiting for you on the study slope near the ‘Meeting point’ sign at the beginning of the lesson. Our administrators will instruct you on how to get to the study slope safely.
What to wear to an outdoor lesson?
- Training will take place outside while performing active sports, therefore, you should not dress too warmly. Good clothing is sporty, layered and weather-appropriate.
- Waterproof gloves are best but they should not be too thick.
- Your scarf should fit under the outerwear.
- You can but do not have to wear a hat under the helmet. Bobble hats cannot be worn under helmets, but thin buff hats fit perfectly under helmets.
- Snowboarding/skiing boots are sufficiently warm and do not require an extra pair of socks. It is best to wear special ski socks or knee-high socks. Ankle socks, wool socks and multiple layers of thermal underwear are not comfortable inside the boot.